Disney is aiming for one AAA game and one smaller game each year.
Players can expect to enjoy several Star Wars games in the future, assuming that the recent report about Disney is accurate.
According to Tom Henderson, a reputable leaker in the gaming industry, Disney wants one Star Wars game every six months.
The big mouse wants to release one smaller-scoped and one AAA game each fiscal year, and Lucasfilm plans to deliver on that goal.
As of right now, there are eight Star Wars games in development. Three of which are being made by Respawn Entertainment.
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (Fallen Order sequel) – Respawn Entertainment
- Untitled Strategy Game – Respawn Entertainment
- Untitled FPS – Respawn Entertainment
- Amy Hennig’s Game – Skydance Media
- Open World Game – Ubisoft Massive
- Star Wars: Eclipse – Quantic Dream
- Knights of the Old Republic Remake – Saber Interactive
- Star Wars: Hunters – Zynga
Not every announced game has a release date yet. Some games like Jedi: Survivor and SW: Hunters are close by, whereas others are years away. You probably won’t be playing Star Wars Eclipse anytime soon.
Tom further claims several more games are in the pre-development phase and are yet to be announced.
Look’s like EA losing exclusivity rights on the franchise was great news for Star Wars fans.